A crucial decision on why we are discontinuing Freeway, and what we are doing next.
Karthik Kamalakannan / 11 September, 2023
We sent out this email to all our users on Freeway plan on 10th September 2023.
Hi there 👋
Karthik here from featureOS.
I have some updates about pricing to tell you, and I'll be as precise as possible.
Paid plans are the main source of revenue for us. We do not have investors to back us, and we rely on customers like you to build great software.
A year ago, we introduced a free plan (Freeway), which allowed even more customers to experience featureOS. Over the past few months, I have come to a realization that the free plan is not sustainable. We are not seeing Freeway customers converting to the paid plan or purchase Power-ups to motivate us enough and to make any business sense.
Today, a year after Freeway was introduced, we're making a few changes:
- Starting immediately, Freeway plan is being discontinued.
- Freeway Monthly plan will be active until the end of your current billing cycle.
- Freeway Annual plan will be active until the 30th September.
- We are bringing back the original Runway plan at $29/month, on the 12th of September.
- If you are currently on the Freeway plan, you can upgrade to one of the available plans before the end dates mentioned.
- If you are currently on a Paid plan - thank you for your support.
I understand if this move affects your workflow. We're heads-down building some incredible features for you, and we believe we can help so many customers build great products using featureOS.
I hope you will continue to support us as we build a long-lasting business.
If you have any questions, please reply back, and I'll help you out.
Last updated: December 3rd, 2023 at 8:43:17 PM GMT+0